You are here
As of 2013, UIS classifies the school structure in Namibia as having an entry age of seven instead of six. Because this is not in alignment with the nationally-defined school system structure of UIS indicators for do not reflect the nature of the official education system. Care should be taken when interpreting UIS data for Namibia.
Among other data sources, unique EPDC data collections for Namibia include administrative data from the Ministry of Education (2010), Namibia Institute for Public Policy Research (2002), household survey data from DHS (1992, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007), indicators derived from UIS data, and learning outcomes data including SACMEQ (2003, 2007).
For an overview of current education conditions in Namibia, please view our education profiles.
Last updated: 3/2014
- Educational Inequality within Countries: Who are the Out of School Children?
- Efficiency: A Study of Promotion-, Repetion- and Dropout Rates among Pupils in Four Age-groups in Sub-Saharan Africa
- What Does History Teach Us in Achieving UPE and UPC for Education for All 2015?
- Wealth Still Matters: A Study of Wealth Differentials in Primary School Attendance from 1990-2006 in Developing Countries
- Thoughts on an Early Childhood Care and Education Index
- Global Educational Trends
- Sub-national Disparities in Learning
- Primary Completion Rates
- School Attendance and Enrolment - Global trends and projections
- Pupil Performance and Age: A Study of Promotion, Repetition and Dropout Rates Among Pupils in Four Age Groups in 35 Countries
- EQUIP2 Lessons Learned Synthesis
- Strengthening Accountability and Participation: School Self-Assessment in Namibia
- EQUIP2 Lessons Learned in Education: Student Assessment
- The Power of Persistence: Education System Reform and Aid Effectiveness
- Towards Effective, Decentralized Classroom Reform
- From Policy to Practice: The Teacher's Role in Policy Implementation in Namibia
- EQUIP Associate Awards Project Analyses, 2003-2009
- School Report Cards: Some Recent Experiences
- EQUIP Associate Awards Project Analyses, 2003-2005
- An Analysis of USAID Assistance to Basic Education in the Developing World, 1990-2005
- Examining the Role of International Achievement Tests in Education Policy Reform
- EQUIP2 State-of-the-Art Knowledge in Education: School Report Cards
- Long Path to Achieving Education for All: School Access, Retention, and Learning in 20 Countries
Search for data related to this Country by selecting the dimensions that you want to include in your results. The selection of the years will trigger a process to show you the number of results on your search according to the selected criteria. Switch to the Advanced Search if you want to include more dimensions in your search criteria.Switch to Advanced Search